Ah, I am so grateful for long weekends! I really needed that extra day. Well, are you ready? This is a picture-heavy post, but I guarantee I had a good time!
Friday's outfit for work.
- Dress - D'Allairds, vintage 60s, thrifted; last seen here almost exactly a year ago in August 2016
- Shoes - Portia, thrifted; last worn here in July with a statement skirt
- Cuff - Fossil, gift from L
- Bracelet - Coro, vintage 60s, Mom's
- Earrings - Fossil, thrifted
It's still hazy here, but it's making for some beautiful light.
It's still warm but not stifling hot.
|"I'm a delicate furry flower. It's too hot for me."|
|"These benches are adequate for my flopping needs."|
- Blouse - Banana Republic, thrifted; last seen here in July with WTF jeans
- Skirt - Li's, thrifted; last seen here in July in a mod cowgirl outfit
- Shoes - Down to Earth Hadfield, Fluevog; last worn here (3rd outfit) for a weekend shopping trip in April
|Note the bag of cones and Ulti gear in the background|
A scarf for a little extra sun coverage (although I'm always sunblocked to the teeth for Ulti).
All leather jewelry!
- Scarf - Ralph Lauren, consignment
- Leather cuff - thrifted
- Wrap cuff - Catalyst Reaction Leather, thrifted
- Earrings - thrifted
- Sunglasses - the Patch
I took the camera to the Ulti field. We play at Victoria High School (aka Vic High), and it's a lovely old neighbourhood, so I took a few pictures on the way there.
There's Vic High - and I see a few players have already arrived.
We get ready on the steps of Vic high. It's a big wide granite stair.
I told you I don't play in my "real clothes" - I change into my gear at the field.
Here I am in my gear. I started off on Team White. This is an old Calvin Klein t-shirt that I thrifted years ago. I'm also wearing stretchy shorts, and my Carolina Panthers ball cap, with my hair pulled back into a small ponytail.
At the end of a point. I see the disc behind Andrew (stretching his back), so we scored. Team Dark is doing the "walk of shame" back to the other endzone. Each point is full of sprinting back and forth, up and down the field. We run about 10 kilometers in a game, easy - the games last 1.5-2 hours.
We traded players to make the teams more even, and it ended up being a close game, with a win for Team White.
Cory and I after the game, collecting the cones and water bottles. I was traded to Team Dark midway through the game, so now I'm in my Alice Cooper t-shirt.
Woo, off with those cleats!
Most of us, getting out of our sweaty gear and uncomfortable cleats.
Dave volunteered to take this one so that I could be in a picture.
From left: Zeb, Mac, Steve, Cory, Karen, me, Nick, Greg and Lisa.
Compare to this old picture, probably from around 2003.
From left: Nick, Andrew (bending over), L in front, Steve, Chris, Kelly and Casey. Everyone except Steve and Kelly still plays, all these years later. They've also repaired the granite steps, so that there aren't gaps between the slabs anymore.
I was so sweaty during and after Ulti, that when I shook out my wet hair, it turned my fingers all purple!
I showered and then got ready to go to town for brunch on my own, and a little grocery shop.
|"But you just got home!"|
|"I'm ignoring you."|
|"This is your leg I'm scratching!"|
- Dress - Kate Moss for Topshop, thrifted; first worn here (3rd outfit) on the July long weekend for bevvies with friends
- Shoes - Born, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) in June to the Ulti field
- Leather cuff - thrifted
By the time I got back from town, L was back, so we napped and then headed our separate ways. Him for Mansday, me for Winesday!
- Kimono jacket - Urban Renewal; last seen here (4th outfit) in April for a movie date
- Spiky cuff - Midzo, vintage fair
- Bronze/leather cuff - Mom's, vintage 60s
- Wire choker - Mom's, vintage 70s
- Leather/bead choker - Mom's, vintage 70s
- Coin necklace - vintage 80s
- Long necklace - Eaton's, early 00s
- Floral ring - Sarah Coventry, antique store in Powell River
- Amber ring - late 90s
I remembered partway through Sunday that I got a pair of pants at Winesday. Caro's Mom, Hazel, sent these awesome high-waist trousers for me - she knows I like funky clothes!
On Sunday, L and I both slept in, then walked to town to meet up with our fabulous friends to celebrate Nick's and Ross' birthdays (both in the past couple of weeks). It's a long weekend tradition of us all gathering, one that I love.
Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style - I was certainly visible!
- Top - Clover Canyon, thrifted; purchased here for $9.95
- Shorts - Danier Sport; last seen here (2nd outfit) during our anniversary in Vancouver in March
- Shoes - Michael Kors, thrifted; last worn here in July for a weekend wander
- Jean jacket (below) - Ann Taylor Loft; last seen here on Monday as cover-up
Fully geared-up, with my little neon green leather purse.
Walking shoes were needed. Lots of walking!
- Purse - Club Monaco, thrifted
- Green glass bangle, thrifted
- Silver bangle/turquoise ring - local
- Dragon bangle/earrings - Lazy Susan's
- Shield ring - Nine West
I took my camera again, so lots of pictures of my "family I choose."
I always take a picture of the blue bridge - it'll be gone soon.
Always watch your step.
The annual Symphony Splash was in the evening - over 40,000 people at the harbour to hear the symphony (on a barge).
My wonderful friends.
here on this exact weekend in August 2016, for a visit to this same patio!). It looked awesome on her!
Cat (Ross' wife) wore her own Judas Priest shirt.
here, I went to that concert! Ha, I wore the same jean jacket and I still have all the accessories in that outfit, including the belt last worn with the purple leopard dress. It all comes around.
Casey in a vintage shirt, keeping it classy.
Randall in his hat, and classic white shirt.
Karen with Ross and Yvonne.
Nick and Elaine chatting.
I sat and chatted with Justin for a bit.
Everyone did the hat!
Chris and Ali look relaxed.
Vero arrived, looking gorgeous!
And now, I'm off to enjoy my Monday. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!